Helping You Navigate Through Life’s Transitions

Relocation Requests In Oregon

If you plan to move more than 60 miles from a current location and share custody with another parent, you need to give the other parent prior written notice of your intended move and file a copy of that notice with the court. These cases can be very challenging and require a special area of expertise to understand the existing Oregon law as it relates to relocation. As with most child custody issues, the court will focus on the best interests of the child and not what either parent believes is the most convenient or typical.

That said, relocation offers an opportunity to get a good mediator and examine how everybody’s needs can be met. These issues can be complex and nuanced and need to be approached correctly; these issues require expertise and can almost never be handled adequately by novice family law attorneys. There may be grey areas and arguments to be made that are not immediately apparent. Because custody issues have been a core focus for our lawyers in our decades of practice, we are ready to bring our expertise to your case if you are working through relocation issues.

Taking A Hands-On Approach To Resolve Your Concerns

Because we fuse our experience and dedication with a hands-on approach to these issues, we can examine how a relocation can and will affect children. From there we can work to establish or defend against any relocation. We encourage you to get in touch to discuss these issues as soon as possible.

To schedule an initial consultation to discuss relocation issues in Beaverton, Portland, Hillsboro or nearby, call our office at 503-388-4779 or email Aaby Family Law, PC.

Divorce Issues

Learn about property division, spousal support orders, tax concerns after divorce and more.

Other Family Matters

Get help with  parenting plans, child support orders, prenuptial agreements and more.

Meet Barbara Aaby

Meet the experienced and caring attorney who will personally address your family law concerns.